Former Judge Stephen R. Koons brings many years of experience and exceptional credentials to Ged Lawyers, LLP
BOCA RATON, FL, July 14, 2019 /24-7PressRelease/ — Florida Personal Injury & Disaster Recovery Law Firm GED LAWYERS, LLP welcomes former Judge Stephen R. Koons to the firm. He brings with him many years of experience and exceptional credentials.
Judge Koons received his J.D. degree from Florida State University College of Law in 1973 and was admitted to the Florida Bar the same year. He is a former Assistant Attorney General of Florida, and a former Assistant State Attorney in Florida for the Fifteenth Judicial Circuit. Judge Koons was General Counsel to First Federal Savings and Loan Association of Lake Worth Florida and Sun Point Savings Bank. Judge Koons served as a Board Certified Civil Trial Attorney in Florida from 1985 through 2015. He is a member of the Federal Trial Bar and is admitted to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court. Judge Koons became a Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator in 2018 and is a Diplomat of the Florida Academy of Professional Mediators.
Judge Koons was elected County Judge from 2013 to 2019 and served as Circuit Judge from 2017 through 2019 on special appointment by the Chief Judge for the Eighteenth Judicial Circuit.
Judge Koons brings forty years of trial practice and judicial experience in all areas of civil litigation including personal injury for both plaintiff and defense, first and third party insurance claims, owner-contractor construction disputes, employment law, banking law and general civil corporate matters.
Organizations, Committees and Commissions
• Florida Bar, 1973-Present
• Colorado Bar, 1990- Inactive
• U.S Supreme Court, Admitted 1978
• U.S. District Court Southern District Admitted 1973
• Former Federal Trial Bar Member
• Former Florida Bar Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer
• Former Adjunct Instructor Florida Atlantic University
• Former General Counsel to First Federal Savings & Loan of Lake Worth, Florida
• Former President Gold Coast Chapter, Federal Bar
• Former President Lake Worth Bar Association
• Former President Brevard Bar Foundation
• Former Master Member Vassar B Carlton Inn of Court
• Former Member and Vice-Chairman of Palm Beach County Grievance Committee
• Former Director Brevard County Legal Aid
• Former Member Palm Beach County Bar Association
• Member Brevard County Bar Association
Awards and Recognitions:
• Brevard County Pro Bono Attorney of the Year 2007
• Multiple Pro Bono Awards, Brevard and Palm Beach County
• Pro Bono Award, Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers
• Service Awards, YMCA of the Palm Beaches
• Martindale Hubbell AV Rated Lawyer, since 1996
Ged Lawyers, LLP, a full-service law firm, has been serving the Florida community since 1995. Headquartered in Boca Raton with offices located throughout the state of Florida. Ged Lawyers, LLP is comprised of experienced, highly skilled attorneys with a track record of success. For more information regarding the services provided by Ged Lawyers, LLP, contact the firm at 561-995-1966 or 844-443-3529 or visit their website at https://www.gedlawyers.com.
For the original version of this press release, please visit 24-7PressRelease.com here