Digital video, data analytics and audience monetization hot categories for investors this year
WASHINGTON, DC, December 13, 2017 /24-7PressRelease/ — SPROCKIT, the global marketplace that curates, connects and fosters collaboration between the world’s top market-ready startups and media, entertainment and technology companies to drive innovation, today announced its 2017 cohort raised more than $237 million in funding, including more than $100 million since joining SPROCKIT.
“SPROCKIT’s startups continue to raise the bar for all media, entertainment and technology startups, setting and re-setting industry standards for excellence and the ability to seamlessly integrate their solutions with some of the leading businesses in the world, creating immediate value for all parties,” said Harry Glazer, founder and CEO, SPROCKIT.
Interactive video platform Verse and data-driven advertising solutions leader VideoAmp each raised over $20 million since joining SPROCKIT this year. Other SPROCKIT members who raised funds since joining SPROCKIT include AlertMe, DivvyCloud, Epidemic Sound, Graphika, ICX Media, NGCodec, StreamRoot, TradeCast, Valossa, VoiceQ and Wildmoka.
The current class also secured numerous awards and partnership agreements:
– Data+Math announced partnership agreements with AMC Networks, A+E Networks, Discovery Communications and Fox News to commercially test its data and analytics platform.
– Epidemic Sound joined forces with EQT Mid Market to leverage EQT’s global footprint, experience in scaling high-growth businesses.
– Elastic Media announced a partnership with Channel 2 News, Israel’s leading news broadcaster, to deliver news broadcasts to mobile devices.
– Livescale was named one of Facebook’s first Live360 Partner, partnered with Fox Sports to air liveVR sporting events and partnered with Halvision for SRT support.
– Pixability won the Global Video Innovation Award from SPROCKIT corporate member Google and its Premier Partner program and was additionally selected as a Snapchat Certified Partner and a Facebook Marketing Partner.
– Streamroot was selected as one of eight participants in the inaugural Verizon Media Tech Venture Studio program, led by SPROCKIT corporate member Verizon Digital Media in partnership with R/GA, alongside SPROCKIT alumnus Scorestream.
“SPROCKIT has been a difference-maker for AlertMe by introducing us to major media players, including a partnership which tripled AlertMe engagement in less than 60 days,” said Adam Shapiro, cofounder of AlertMe, an audience engagement platform for online content. “Every publisher gets inundated with startup pitches, and SPROCKIT helps cut through the noise to get us noticed.”
Startups interested in participating in the SPROCKIT program and connecting with SPROCKIT corporate members, including FOX Networks Group, Google, Hearst Television, Samsung NEXT, TEGNA, Univision and Verizon Digital Media Services, are invited to apply here. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with accepted startups invited to participate in future SPROCKIT Sync meetings at corporate member offices as well as the SPROCKIT hubs at key industry events, including Las Vegas in January and NAB Show in April, to foster collaboration.
Corporations interested becoming SPROCKIT members should email [email protected].
SPROCKIT is a global marketplace that curates, connects and fosters collaboration among leading media, entertainment and technology companies and world’s top market-ready startups to bring innovative products, services and revenue models to market. Since its launch in 2013, more than 125 emerging companies have participated in SPROCKIT, experiencing numerous successful funding rounds, partnerships and acquisitions. Learn more at http://sprockitglory.com/.
For the original version of this press release, please visit 24-7PressRelease.com here