Take The Lead’s Co-Founder and President Gloria Feldt Unveils Nine New Leadership Power Tools at Event
SCOTTSDALE, AZ, March 26, 2020 /24-7PressRelease/ — Take The Lead’s (https://www.taketheleadwomen.com) inaugural “Power Up Conference: Igniting The Intentional Leader Within” was a success, drawing approximately 200 women and praise for its diverse range of workshops, keynotes and panels that provided career-changing guidance and inspiration for attendees.
“The energy during the two-day conference was palpable,” says Felicia Davis, CEO and leadership brand strategist, The Black Women’s Collective, and a Take The Lead leadership ambassador who was in charge of the event. “The conference taught women the keys to overcoming obstacles and reaching their goals and made it easy for them to learn not just from the speakers, but from each other as well. Everyone walked away with practical information she could use to ‘power up’ her leadership skills.” Davis noted that attendees gave the highest ratings on evaluation forms post-conference.
Among the conference pinnacles was the panel discussion featuring the mayors of two of Arizona’s largest cities – Coral Evans of Flagstaff and Kate Gallego of Phoenix. They addressed “Why Women Should Take The Lead in Politics and Civic Life.” The discussion was moderated by Megan Finnerty, a Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist and director of the Storytellers Project, a nationwide series of live storytelling events from the USA TODAY Network. Mayor Regina Romero of Tucson was scheduled to appear, but was unable to participate due to illness.
Another Power Up Conference high point was the unveiling of Feldt’s nine new Leadership Power Tools in a leadership development session. “I purposely designed the Leadership Power Tools to move women from ‘power over’ to ‘power to,’ which is critical in women taking on leadership roles in business, law, finance, politics – in any industry, really,” says Feldt, who also delivered a keynote on “Intentional Women: Be Bold and Carry Out.” “They are especially needed now, given the economic and social challenges stemming from Coronavirus.”
The tools are:
– Lead Like a Woman, radically redefining power at a deep and authentic level and embracing your essential core values so you can use your power of intention with discipline and focus;
– Dream UP, because if your dreams don’t scare you, they’re not big enough;
– Believe in the Infinite Pie, because when we use our power to build up rather than rule over others, we learn that the more there is, the more there is;
– Modulate Confidence, because self-doubt can have a positive value;
– Strike Your Own Balance (and love your stress), because ultimately you have to choose what matters to you and unchoose the rest;
– Build Social Capital, because relationships are everything, and will ultimately help you as much as educational qualifications or work experience;
– Be Unreasonable, because sometimes you have to break the rules and invent new ones to make progress;
– Turn Implicit Bias on Its Head, because then you can make its effects your superpowers and instill best practices for inclusion to boost intentioning in the workplace; and
– Clang Your Symbols, because when you create meaning, you can bring others into the story and that’s the most essential function of leadership.
Davis recognized the support that the event drew. “Being a brand-new conference, we are deeply appreciative to the sponsors who supported and believed in the power of the Power Up Conference,” she notes. The full list of sponsors can be found here: https://whova.com/web/takel_202002/Sponsors.
About Take The Lead
Co-founded by Gloria Feldt, Take The Lead is a 501 (c) (3) that prepares, develops, inspires and propels women to take their fair and equal share of leadership positions across all sectors by 2025. Feldt has been featured in many leading media outlets, including Bloomberg TV, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Ms. Magazine, Yahoo! Finance, Thrive Global and Forbes. Feldt is an in-demand speaker, with engagements at The Women in Cable Telecommunications Global Leadership Conference, The World Women Summit, 92Y Women inPower, and the Annual CUNY Leadership Conference, among others.
For the original version of this press release, please visit 24-7PressRelease.com here