Renew Psychology: A warm, welcoming, non-judgemental space in the heart of Calgary
CALGARY, AB, February 12, 2022 /24-7PressRelease/ — Renew Psychology’s Oludotun Ogunfowora, MC., is a registered psychologist in Calgary. Dotun, a name meaning “renew” in the Yoruba language, embodies this concept through her commitment to counselling. She works closely with her patients to renew their perspectives and co-create pragmatic and sustainable solutions, regardless of their lifestyles.
Through various treatment approaches, Dotun provides compassionate counselling to Calgary residents of all ages and in all walks of life. With her comprehensive understanding of stress psychology and other common mental health complaints, Dotun consistently upholds her responsibilities to her clients. She provides them with insight and support as they navigate unique challenges and circumstances.
About Renew Psychology
Calgary-based Renew Psychology is committed to co-creating sustainable outcomes with clients in a warm, welcoming, and non-judgmental space.
As a dedicated Calgary therapist, Dotun believes in:
• Welcomeness: clients should feel welcome during their visits and will be treated with warmth and sincerity.
• Openness: we are open to co-creating unique solutions that suit the lifestyles and circumstances faced by our clients.
• Sustainability: patients are provided with the tools they need to sustain long-term, positive outcomes.
• Insightfulness: we help our patients attain new perspectives and a better understanding of their mental health.
• Transparency: patients play an active role in their treatment and are provided with clear information about proposed treatment techniques.
Experience & specialties
Dotun’s compassion and commitment to counselling patients in Calgary are evident in every session. Using a variety of proven treatment techniques, including cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), acceptance commitment therapy (ACT), narrative therapy, solution-focused therapy, and exposure therapy, she creates tailored treatment plans that ensure long-term success for her patients.
As a therapist in Calgary, Dotun specializes in a diverse range of mental health concerns and life challenges, including:
• Sex and intimacy
• Marriage and family therapy
• Stress management
• Workplace bullying and harassment
• Anxiety and depression
• Children’s mental health
• Forensic psychology, including domestic violence and abuse
• Grief and loss
• Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
Education, certifications & affiliations
Dotun holds a Master of Counselling Psychology from Calgary’s Seattle City University. Her Master’s thesis focused on the Experiences of Gay Men Accessing PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis) in North America. Dotun completed a poster presentation at the Canadian Psychological Association Annual Conference in 2017, showcasing her thesis.
She’s certified in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Fundamentals and has participated in several professional development workshops, including:
• Outside the Binary: Supporting Youth With Non-Binary Sexual and Gender Identities
• Supporting LGBTQ+ Clients
• SAFE (Structured Analysis Family Evaluation) and SAFE For Supervisors
• DBT informed Play Therapy
• Narrative Therapy – Tools For Exploring Stories
• Dynamic Risk Assessment For Individuals With History of Sexual Crime: Reassessment Improves Prediction
Memberships and affiliations
• College of Alberta Psychologists
• Canadian Psychological Association
• Association For the Treatment of Sexual Abusers
• Association For Family and Conciliation Courts
For the original version of this press release, please visit 24-7PressRelease.com here