Virtual Holistic and Wellness Forum for MS
DETROIT, MI, September 23, 2020 /24-7PressRelease/ — Yoga Moves MS presents the first VIRTUAL Holistic Health and Wellness Forum for MS on Saturday, October 3, 2020 from Noon to 4pm for individuals with MS and their Care Partners.
Information provided at the Holistic Health and Wellness Forum will empower those with MS with information about a range of integrative and mind body strategies for disease prevention and health maintenance. MS patients and their families will learn about ways that they can pursue healthy lifestyle choices that complement traditional medical care. Science and evidence based holistic and integrative options to care will be presented.
Presentation topics include exercise, diet, coping with anxiety and depression, managing our emotions during uncertain times, the neurofilament light chain, neuro-based Pilates and BrainSpeed Ball, exciting research on the pipeline, and how mindfulness training benefits cognitive and emotional health in MS. The lineup of exceptional speakers are nationally acclaimed by their patients and peers:
• Rany Aburashed, MD. Chief of Neurology and Director of Multiple Sclerosis at the Memorial Institute for Neurosciences and MS
• Martin Belkin, DO, Medical Director, MIND MS Center
• Aaron Boster, MD, The Boster Center for MS
• Mindy Eisenberg, MHSA, C-IAYT, ERYT500, Founder and Director of Yoga Moves MS
• Paige Goulette, BSN, RN, MSCN, Memorial Institute for Neurosciences and MS
• Dr. Gretchen Hawley, PG, DPT, MSCS, The MSing Link-Physical Therapy for MS
• Trent McEntire, Creator, BrainSpeed Ball and Director of McEntire Pilates
• Ruchika Prakash, PhD, Director, Center for Cognitive and Behavioral Brain Imaging, The Ohio State University
• Amy Sullivan, PsyD, Director of Behavioral Medicine, Research and Training at the Cleveland Clinic’s Mellen Center for MS
• James Voci, MD, Chair, Yoga Moves MS
Feedback from last year’s almost three hundred attendees in person event was excellent. Sponsors and attendees noted that this type of educational event for patients with MS, families, and friends was a very much needed, “first of its kind.” The Holistic Health and Wellness Forum, now virtual, will expand access and knowledge about this integrative approach to health and education for MS around the country. Register at yogamovesms.org/holistic healthandwellnessforum/
Yoga Moves MS is a non-profit 501(c)(3) that offers adaptive yoga to those living with MS in southeastern Michigan founded by Mindy Eisenberg. Adaptive yoga therapy is provided as an innovative, multidimensional approach, tailored to the whole person and uses yoga, breathing, meditation and relaxation techniques, which can complement health care and other alternative approaches for health and well-being. Yoga serves as an umbrella for a whole systems approach to self-care. Our vision is to help people living with MS become empowered with knowledge about the healing benefits of a holistic lifestyle.
In response to the pandemic, YMMS provides seven virtual yoga and mediation sessions per week since March 2020. Virtual classes will continue indefinitely even once the pandemic is over. Once it is safe, YMMS classes will also return to in person.
For the original version of this press release, please visit 24-7PressRelease.com here